Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Book: Owensboro, KY. (Postcard History Series)

Owensboro, KY. (Postcard History Series) by Terry Blake And David Edds Jr.

I recently flipped through the book, "Owensboro" from the Picture Postcard series of books.
There really isn't a lot to talk about with this book, it is mostly a lot of reprinted postcards from Owensboro. I personally love postcards. I wish more of them were available, especially relating to areas like Owensboro.
This book is just a great one to have around if you are familiar with the area. Authors Terry Blake and David Edds Jr. have put together a must have for anyone interested in the history of Owensboro. There are a lot of pictures I look at and think that I am familiar with that area. Many you will recognize, but the landscape is a bit different now.
Pictures of the radio stations, Good Shepherd Church, St. Joseph and Gabe's are easily recognizable. My favorite might be the Utica bank. I know that area well. It's great just looking at the old postcard picture of it.
My cousins picked this book up for me for Christmas. It's one that I would have bought for myself. I would love to read a volume two of this book, if there have been enough postcards made to support it.

No comments: