Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wallace Station- Versailles Kentucky








We stopped by Wallace Station the other day for lunch after seeing a segment on KET it.

There was a line out the door, and it did take a few minutes to get to order, but it was worth it! And, I would expect the lines to be getting longer since Wallace Station is getting some exposure from "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives".

We actually did not know about this until we went inside and saw Guy's signature on the wall. Pretty cool. I am not sure which show I like more, this one, or Man Vs. Food. I guess that is a debate for another day.

Here are the basics. The restaurant itself reminds me of one of those friendly little country stores you find in rural areas. It was crowded, but there was still plenty of seating.

Sanwiches are about 7-8 bucks each and they are worth it. I had half of my triple decker at Wallace Station, and the other half I ate later that evening for dinner. I really could have made that sandwich 3 meals.

We shared a "Danger Brownie" too which was unreal. I don't know if it was the sugar, or the little burbon ball on top, but I was dizzy (in a good way) after a few bites. My wife had to drive home.

The guys running the place were great too. They were all super friendly. We asked for a box for our uneaten half sandwiches, and they wrapped them up for us!



http://www.wallacestation.com/Wallace_Station_Deli_and_Bakery/Home.html

No comments: