Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

We took a road trip with some other friends recently. We covered St. Louis (I have an entry up on that) and both Kansas City areas. I will get some posts up on those very underrated areas soon. We also drove through Independence Missouri which was very interesting.

In the Kentucky area, we went to the Fort Harrod settlers reenactment event last weekend. There wasn't a big crowd, I am sure because of the weather, but this was a really fun event, in a great little town. They are having an art/music/book event this weekend.

http://harrodsburgfirst.com/

Again, check out my friend Jeremy's Frankfort site. I love the way it is set up and organized. I might try to reorganize this site a bit like his. I also might just start some separate blogs for Owensboro, Berea, Lexington, and maybe a few other towns in an effort to document old photos and histories of those great areas. I am at the very least going to start tagging my entries on this site.

No comments: