Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

Today is a Friday the 13th! Celebrate as you see appropriate!

I personally do enjoy horror movies. It might be a fun evening or night for viewing one of the classic "Friday the 13th" flicks. It might also be a good day to kick off your Halloween season festivities (I think I have mentioned before that I like to celebrate Halloween starting in late July, I usually settle down on my festivities relating to the holiday in mid November).

This reminds me of some road trips from previous seasons- relating to scary movies! I can't think of any mainstream scary movie with a strong Kentucky connection, but many were filmed towards the north.

Pennsylvania is a hotbed of horror film locations, many of which I have visited!

Horror icon George Romero put Pittsburgh on the horror map filming just about everything in that area. "Night of the Living Dead" was filmed in the Evans City area, and "Dawn of the Dead" was filmed at the Monroeville Mall, which is still a functioning (and very happening) mall! Tom Savini directed his "Night of the Living Dead" remake in nearby Washington PA.

Phoenixville PA. was the filming site for "The Blob". Phoenixvlle is a very fun, cozy town with a great 50sish downtown area. PLUS, they have a great "Blobfest" each year!

If you are up for a more ambitious road trip to the states of New jersey and Connecticut, you might be able to see some of the filming locations for the first couple of Friday the 13th movies!

I have personally made road trips to each of the places I have mentions, and I will try to get some photos and entries up soon for the Halloween season!

No comments: