Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Indiana World War Memorial Plaza, Indianapolis











I recently had the chance to visit one of my favorite cities, Indianapolis, again. I was able to make a trip through the Museum at the Indiana World War Memorial! Indianapolis has at least 5 solid museums that each deserve a full day of exploration! Here are some pictures I took while at the War memorial Museum. Oh, and there are many highlights. I have left out the USS Indianapolis room, as I mentioned that in a previous post.


This is a great museum with a ton of great life sized dioramas. There are jeeps, uniforms, and a helicopter. Pretty much every war is covered. The museum is thorough and fascinating. And there is no ticket charge (there is a place for donations if you feel you should donate).

It would be easy to post hundreds of pictures of this museum. The authentic relics are abundant, along with descriptions of the items.










No comments: