Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Karen's Book Barn LaGrange Kentucky


http://karensbookbarn.com/

I know LaGrange is a little out of the way. It is close enough to Louisville though. And it is a very attractive little area. Nice old buildings, AND an active train track goes right downtown!

I made the detour through the area just for the heck of it a few weeks ago, and I am glad I did.

I didn't have a lot of time, but I wisely picked Karen's Book Barn for a stop.

Two of my favorite activities on a nice, casual day are drinking coffee and looking for obscure books making Karen's the perfect stop for me.

The store isn't the biggest book store, but it did have a fun selection. I actually did find one fairly hard to find local interest book that I had been hoping to find- and I found it for half off cover price! I was very happy to also find some back issues of Kentucky Explorer magazine.

For those of us always looking for several specific old books, or some books relating to a certain topic, this place is just perfect.

PLUS, they have good coffee. I personally like plain coffee, nothing fancy for me. I do usually doctor my drink up a little myself. I thought it was very kind that the staff at Karen's asked me what I wanted in my coffee and they took the time to make it exactly right. This place has a very nice, friendly staff.

I took a couple of pictures out the window of Karen's. They have a few tables by the window, so I was able to spend some moments drinking coffee and reading my Kentucky Explorer magazines after looking the place over.

No comments: