Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bluegrass Stallions home opener- Georgetown



The Bluegrass Stallions are playing again! I am so proud of this team for sticking it out and adapting.

Sure, they are playing in a new venue, in a new league, with pretty much an entirely new team but they are still in existence!

I menti
oned before that Owensboro's minor league basketball team folded, with the team's owner blaming Owensboro for the team's problems. Well, it could be argued that the Stallions had even more problems last year, and here they are again!

I really like Georgetown. It is a short drive from Lexington. The entire town is just so comfortable. My only issue wit
h the area is that it seems all of the businesses close to early!

Still, they now have a professional basketball team!

The gy
m at Georgetown College is very cozy. It is small. You will be close to the action anywhere!

I love the mascot, HOOPS. I think he is related to the Indianapolis Colts' mascot.

The dance team was great, the team was great, and this is a nice area for ball.

This is a tough team full of personality too!

The team they played Thursday night was more height, and the Stallions looked a bit over matched. Still, thanks to tough, scrappy play, the Stallions won!

There are several fun players to watch. George Baker really stood out, playing tough and adding some comedy to the court.


General admission tickets were $8 (bench seats). Even with my $8 ticket, I could hear the players on the court.

The only problem with the team is that there previous on court personality Steve was missed. That guy is gold. Don't get me wrong, in general, I found those guys annoying at sporting events but Steve is witty.

Check out my pictures! More importantly, get out and support this team!


No comments: