Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Steve Galgas and Mike Altman- Columbus OH Mural


Columbus has the very cool Short North Arts District. Lots of nice places to eat and fun art shops can be found here.

Anyone who has traveled through the area has notice the variation on "American Gothic" painted on the side of one building.

Steve Galgas and Mike Altman did the mural, and they have moved on to work on some other great art projects! I sent them a note recently, and they very kindly responded!

Steve responded, "Thank you for contacting us about our mural! We're really flattered that you took the time to write us!"

Concerning their careers and current projects, Steve says, "I'm currently developing artwork for Facebook games at a company called Playfish."

He tells me that Mike is working as a modeller (digital sculptor) at Pixar! They both worked on the very cool short "Day & Night" which played before "Toy Story 3"! Mike also did many backgrounds in next year's "Cars 2."

I am so excited that these two very cool artists are still doing some great work! I personally love Toy Story 3 (I have a Lotso doll sitting on my desk right now!).

Check out Steve and Mike's sites for more info on thier careers and projects!

mike-altman.com
galgas.com

No comments: