Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and Local Ghost Walks

Well, another Halloween has come and gone. I hope you don't wait until February to take down your Halloween Tree.

I hope you got out and did something festive. I made it to several "Ghost Walks" this year. Some were good, some were bad.

I took one tour this year (the area and tour will not be mentioned) that was disappointing. There were four stops on the short, maybe one block tour, and the story telling was dull. The tour guide, I felt, had not done their research. There were few historical facts, and the tour involved very vague legends of ghost sitings and psychic impressions.

I like hearing good scary stories, and learning about strange moments in history that have occurred in the area.

Telling me that someone once saw a ghost in a spot is barely fascinating at best. Telling me that a crime that affected history occurred in a location on a tour- well... THAT GETS MY ATTENTION!

Let me give a HUGE endorsement to the American Legacy Tour guys up in Newport and Cincinnati who do their ghost walks and gangster tours.

http://americanlegacytours.com/

Kevin Steele also gets the same thumbs up for his Lexington tour. There are several stops, he is a great story teller, and he has been doing this for 11 years now! I took his tour again this year, and enjoyed it just as much as before. Mr. Steele gets a lot of repeat business for a reason. Oh, if you missed his tour this October, he has extended it through this Friday and Saturday!!!

http://lexingtonghostwalk.com/default.aspx

I haven't mentioned the Miamitown guys in a while, but they do a great job with their tour just a little north of Kentucky. Touring a bigger city is fun, but a ghost walk in a smaller, more rural and secluded area is VERY CREEPY. I haven't been on their tour in a couple of years, and I might have to do it again soon.

http://www.miamitownghosttours.com/

These tours all get Kentucky Travels approval.

No comments: