Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Creation Cafe & WTTS FM Indianapolis IN




























Each year for the holiday season, one of the few truly cool radio stations anywhere (WTTS FM) puts out a compilation CD with live tracks recorded in the Indianapolis area.



I find myself in Indy at some point each November or December, and I always make a point to pick the CD up. Each year, they pick a fun line up of songs from up and coming talent and established acts. Over the last few years, I was very excited to see personal favorites Cowboy Mouth, Cracker, and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. This year, there is a great l
ive version of Foster the People doing their hit song.


Go here for more info on the CD, and for more info on my favorite radio station in Indiana:





I picked up the CD at Borders in previous years. Obviously, that was not an option this year, so I stopped by Creation Cafe to get it in 2011.


The place is in a gorgeous old church near downtown Indianapolis. I won't go over the menu, but we liked the selection. I had a great sandwich and some perfect chili for a cold day.


We had a great waitress with real personality. The place is colorful and fun. I would say the creation cafe is just a nice place to set and relax.


I love restaurants with character, value, and a nice soup and sandwich combo. We could tell that the Creation Cafe cares about the atmosphere and product. We will be back on future visits to Indy.


No comments: