Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Random Thoughts on Friday

Fans of travel and exploration have a LOT to be excited about right now!

James Cameron did his deep sea dive recently. There is the revived interest in finding Amelia Earhart's plane. Close to us in Kentucky, there is the Doolittle Raider's reunion coming up. Oh, and it looks like the engines of Apollo 11 have been located!

Concerning the Earhart search, my gut feels like this is just another wild goose hunt. There is an old over looked photo taken in 1937 of a ship wreck. The picture was taken in the general area where some feel Amelia went down. Well, a couple of researchers think they can make out part of the landing gear of Earhart's plane.

Again, my gut tells me this is nothing, but how exciting would it be if a photo from 1937 held the clues to where to look for her? I am doubtful, but hopeful too.

I plan to keep Owensboro and the western part of the state as the theme for the next month or so. I might hold off on covering neighboring states for April. I have some ideas for May and Jun though, but there I have a lot of old and new pictures of Owensboro to work on getting up for now.

No comments: