Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Santa Claus Parade, Gatlinburg, TN








Gatlinburg hosted one of the coolest events I have been to recently! It looks like they have a Santa Claus Convention there, and they host a parade of Santas!!!
Seriously, how great is that? I was pretty excited to hear that the parade would be going on while I was in town!
I took a ton of photos. The photo ops were just too good.
One of my favorites was the bag pipes playing Santa! He marched down the street playing
Christmas favorites! Does anyone know if this Santa has a CD? Seriously, I want to hear more of this! It was a lot of fun, and the crowds would cheer as he finished each song.
many Santas handed out stickers or tockens to the kids. Many Santas stopped and took photos with anyone along the way.
One Santa did not participate in the parade, and he and his Ms. Claus stood next to us for much of the show. He got a lot of friendly comments from the parading Santas, who were a bit confused by his not being in the parade.
I have served as Santa's elf more than once, and almost double as the man himself, so I really appreciate this.
It was odd seeing the jolly men, as the weather was great. Still, you can never have too much, or too many, Santas!

No comments: