Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Just the Facts About Washington, DC


The older I get, the more I like books with facts in them.  Sure I like funny stories, and strange urban legends, but knowing the dates, people and other facts about an area are obviously the most accurate way to learn about a location.

Albert E. Kennedy put this GREAT book together simply giving the facts about all of the monuments in the Washington DC area.

The back cover book description made me know this was the book I wanted to buy before my DC trip-

"During my research for interesting facts about the monuments, memorials, and other interesting sites within the Washington, D.C. area, I noticed two similarities about the available written sources.  First, most of the sources required the reading of several pages of text before finding a single fact of interest; and two, there was no one source that summarized the many discovered facts into an easy to read reference.  This guide is intended to satisfy those shortcomings."

No comments: