Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Civil War Museum Bardstown














We stopped by the Civil War Museum in Bardstown recently!

I can not stress enough just how awesome this place is!

Their collection of authentic items from the Civil War is unbelievable.

I have mentioned before that I really enjoy authentic relics.  I like looking at an item and knowing that it was on the battlefield when something happened.  You know you are standing next to real history.  Standing next to a replica is no big deal.

I will be spending more time at this museum.  it is the kind of place you need to set aside a whole day for a visit.  I only had a few hours, and I feel the need to go back down when I have more time.






No comments: