Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wall Drug- South Dakota




ANOTHER of the great legendary roadside attractions in South Dakota is Wall Drug.

Reading about it, I assumed it was mostly just a big gift shop.  I guess I didn't realize just how big it is!

I would describe wall drug as a mix of gift shop, restaurant/mall/museum.

Instead of having a book or jewelry section, they have a separate shop area (I really enjoyed looking through their selection of books myself!).

We enjoyed a nice lunch in their restaurant.  I had to take advantage of their free ice water, which was appreciated.

Some of the anamatronics and other decorations reminded me of Showbiz Pizza, or Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati.  In fact, Jungle Jim's is a very good comparison!










No comments: