Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Mammoth Cave Historic Entrance 1953.



I love picking up the old 4x6 group photos taken at Mammoth Cave whenever I find them!

I have mixed feelings on the whole "tourists photo" thing.  You know, you go to a landmark, historic site or zoo, and they have the guys there who try to take your picture and sell it to you later.

I usually decline the whole process.

It REALLY bothers me that they want to take the photos in front of a blue screen and then edit something in and try to sell it to you at the end of your visit.  I can do that on my PC! 

I  might buy the picture if the actual place is in the photo (no blue screen, fake background or photo shop).  If you do the ski lift in Gatlinburg, they do do this.  It is a bit expensive, but it is a nice photo of you with the town in the background, and you on the ski lift.  I think it is well done, and I had to buy mine last time I did it.

Mammoth Cave doesn't do the group photo in front of the main entrance anymore but I think these old photos are great.

10, 20, 30 years from now, I think the actual photos of people on the ski lift in Gatlinburg will be a lot more fun to look at than a photo of people with a fake background.

No comments: