Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Jungle Jims- 2nd location!!!




I have mentioned the original Jungle Jim's International Market in Cincinnati here before.  I try to make at least a couple of trips up there each year.  It is one of those places that gets a lot of hype, and deserves it!

If you are unfamiliar with Jungle Jim's let me try to give you a quick description.  It is a HUGE grocery store with a lot of variety (its selection is very international).  The guy who founded it built it up very literally from scratch.  Oh, and it has a super fun atmosphere.  Think of a huge grocery store made up of some parts world market, some parts showbiz pizza, part museum, and part amusement park.  That might give you a rough idea.

I remember hearing about how over the top it was before going, and it is!  It is just as wacky as you hear!

Well, a buddy recently took me to the SECOND location (in Eastgate) that opened recently!

The new location is very similar to the other one.  It is huge, and has all of the fun, unique items you have come to expect from Jungle Jim.

There are so many cool things to see on there own.  Actual land, water AND air vehicles are here, displayed near appropriate grocery items.

My personal favorite item at the new location is the model pirate ship.  A video shows the originals of this particular model, including details on how difficult it was getting the ship to Jungle Jim's.

I really love the fact that, even though there is now a second Jungle Jim's, it is still one of a kind.  You can only go to Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati- and I think you need to go to both stores to fully have the Jungle Jim's experience.

If you wanted to go and just check out the cool sites, you could spend a whole day at Jungle Jim's for free.  Don't do that to yourself though!  This is a great spot for picking up unique gifts and very cool treats for yourself.  I can't leave without some obscure hot sauces, chips, and other fun snacks that I can't find anywhere else.  I usually get some novelty items for friends (like gator jerky!).

http://www.junglejims.com/













No comments: