Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Paul Bunyan- Manistique, Michigan

In the extremely cool Upper Peninsula town of Manistique, in front of the visitor center stands Paul Bunyan.

I went in to the center to find more out about the area (and to ask about Paul).

First off, I asked the very friendly staff about the statue out front, which I VERY erroneously called a Muffler Man.  I was immediately corrected, as their giant is NOT a Muffler Man.  He IS Paul Bunyan, as the town claims that the real guy was from the area!  I was even given a short flyer that the town gives out about Paul!

We ended up chatting with the very friendly staff there for a LONG time!  Like us, they enjoy road trips and visiting parks.  They gave us some great tips on other sites in the area.  If you stop by to see Paul Bunyan, make sure you go inside to ask about the other places to see in the area!

No comments: