Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Purdy's Coffee Richmond



It has been some time since I found myself in Richmond, but I made it down there the other day.  Luckily, I found Purdy's Coffee Shop!

Oh man, I might be giving away my age on this one, but the last time I "hung out" at a coffee shop in Richmond, it was at a place called the Mad Hatter!  Anyone remember that spot?  I remember cool vampire and Alice in Wonderland paintings on the walls.  It was always dark, and Tori Amos or REM were played on the speakers!  We went one night though and it was closed.  There was a note on the door explaining that it had been shut down.

Purdy's is more traditional, and has a clean and cozy feel.  In fact, this is one of those coffee shops that is, in every way, EXACTLY what a coffee shop should be.

On their website, they explain that the shop was opened in a very old historic building downtown.  They fixed the place up, again, maintaining a vintage look and feel.  I love the wood floors, and there is a beautiful old panoramic photo of downtown Richmond on one wall.

I have stopped by for lunch, and Purdy's has GREAT lunches made fresh.  AND their coffee is perfect.  These guys care about their product and they don't let their brewed stuff sit around.

Purdy's is very roomy inside, and there are 2 floors.  On Thursday nights, it seems they have live music.  We enjoyed a very pleasant young original band called "Wicked Peace" the first night we were there.

If, however, you wanted to be somewhere a bit less melodic, you can go upstairs!

I really like everything about these guys.  The staff is friendly and the prices are reasonable.

Check out their site-

http://www.purdyscoffee.com/



Or stop by some time! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mad Hatter was awesome. My first coffee shop experience when I was in high school. my friend's band would play there on the weekends sometimes. Had my first real date there. Was a cool spot.

jimerado said...

Hey, thanks for that memory! Yeah, it was a coo spot!