Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Random Thoughts On Friday

Since I have been unable to get on the road much lately, I have been catching up on some reading!  LOTS of it!  Still, I think I pick up books more quickly than I can read them.

The other night, I went to my local Half Price Books and spent less than $10 on 4 books that have been on my "to read" list for some time!

I have a bad habit of starting a book, getting about half way through, and then I will start another book.  The books I am currently reading are all on my nightstand.  There are 6 there right now...  AND, there are two in my car.

There is also another dilemma that happens.  One book or source mentions another book or article that gets me thinking.  Well, I have to track that book down too.  Let me give an example.

I was reading up on one of my favorite cities, Salem MA. the other day.  I was looking over an article about the disputed location of Gallows Hill.  Check out the link here- 

http://www.boudillion.com/gallowshill/gallowshill.htm

Daniel Boudillion mentions in his article a book by Salvatore Trento.  So, I looked up books by Mr. Trento and found a few that looked interesting.  Now, I am reading one of those volumes and looking up books and sites that he mentions.  More on Trento's books later,  but I love how reading about one interesting topic can get you interested in another!

No comments: