Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Scarefest in Lexington

Scarefest went down a couple of weeks ago in Lexington.  I was able to make it this year!  If you love all things scary, this is the place!

I do love the fact that they bring in a lot of actors from horror films.  I am not as in to collecting autographs as I once was, but I still get the occasional Jason or Michael Myers actor.  I was excited about the fact that Ken Kirzinger was going to be there.  He is one of the few actors to play Jason Vorhees that I had never met.  Just like the other Jason actors, he was super cool, and seemed thrilled to talk to fans of the movies about his involvement.

There were many dealers of various cool and scary items too.  I made it to the America's Haunted Roadtrip booth.  These guys publish a fun series of books on different states and cities, detailing their haunted locations. 

I like this series of books because they are a little more off the wall.  A lot of them give a good history of the location, along with the known ghost stories.  The uber creepy Morris brothers have done some work for this group, along with other personal favorites of mine, Rosemary Ellen Guiley and John Kachuba.  In fact, John was signing books at their booth.

Greg Newkirk and Dana Matthews who have worked on various strange web sites were there showing off various strange items from their collection, and promoting their newest website.  I was impressed by some of their oddities, including part of a human skull, and a piece of the Amityville Horror House!  Check out their sites at- https://roadtrippers.com/

and  http://whofortedblog.com/

I had a chance to talk to convention founder, and Lexington/Bardstown personality Patti Starr.  I have crossed paths with her many times and she has really grown on me.  She is obviously a very different person who is always up to something interesting.  I also consider her very sweet and generous.  Check out her site-

http://ghosthunter.com/





No comments: