Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Coffee House Five- Indianapolis Indiana

I wanted to make sure I mentioned a GREAT coffee shop that we stumbled across while in the Indianapolis area.

Coffeehouse Five is located in the Greenwood area.  It is very close to the Jockamo Pizza (another great site to visit).  In fact, we asked our waitress at Jockamo's about Coffee House Five and though she wasn't a coffee drinker, she said that she had heard it was good.

So, we went in for a cup and to check the place out.

Man, sometimes when I walk into a new coffee shop that has a REAL coffee shop vibe to it, I almost wish I lived in the area, just so I could hang out there!  That is exactly how I felt at Coffeehouse Five.  The place is roomy AND cozy.  There was music playing at a reasonable volume which was nice.  Unlike some places, this would be a perfect place to have a conversation without yelling over music!

I did grab a brochure as I left about the place,
 and I have visited their website.  Coffeehouse Five claims to be set up as a "for benefit" business.  They are a non-profit, noting that people working there are not paid.  They use the money made there to provide counseling and training to help families and couples.  Also, 10% of their proceeds are given to food pantries in the area!

The business does seem to have a religious focus, as they have a Sunday worship service in the evening.  So, if you are up for a church service, this would be a great place to get coffee AND religion at the same time!

Oh, and our coffee and pastries were great!


We really like the Greenwood area anyway.  There is a cool mall (and a Half Price Books) just up the road from here.  Its a great spot south of Indianapolis.  I know of people who enjoy going to Indy for a downtown sporting event, but they aren't fond of lingering in downtown.  Well, Greenwood would be a nice place to spend time before or after a game downtown.






No comments: