Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, April 24, 2015

The Big Chicken in Marietta Georgia

I first learned about the Big Chicken in Marietta Georgia from one of my favorite sites, roadsideamerica.com.  This is one of those things that I probably wouldn't go too far out of my way for, but if I am in town, I want to see it!

We were in the area, mostly to visit the Civil War related sites- so we had to check this one out!

I did read about how its eyes and beak move, but it doesn't hit you until you are there looking at it.  There is actually a lot of movement going on with this guy!

And he totally dominates the area.  You see him from a ways off and you instantly grab for your camera.

AND....  Everyone in town mentions him!  We asked for directions a few times.  It seemed that the given directions started off with a, "go down to the chicken....."





No comments: