Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wildman's Civil War Surplus in Kennesaw Georgia

Wildman's Civil War Surplus has been in Kennesaw Georgia since the 70s.  The place is mentioned on every odd roadside travel site, and it is a must see destination if you are in Kennesaw.

I have read the sites about Dent Myers and his shop.  Go ahead and search.  There is a lot of info- a lot of controversial info!

I decided to step inside of his shop/museum, and see what I thought for myself.

Yes, there are a lot of racial... and racist relics for sale and on display here.  Most are similar to items I have seen in upscale antique shops or impressive museums. 

There are a lot of Civil War books and other relics displayed too.  Wildman's does not hide the fact that this is a very Confederate leaning place, to say the least.

Mr. Myers actually had some cool relics from the Civil War reasonably priced.  I had to purchase a few, and I had a very nice chat with Dent.

Dent seemed excited about chatting about Civil War topics.  He gave me some info on the relics I bought from him, and asked where we were from.  We talked a bit about the Civil War, geography, and John Hunt Morgan.

My brief experience with Dent and his shop was positive.  Wildman's is without a doubt a place that is the last of it's kind, and a REAL throwback.  Being that it is in Kennesaw, and right next to The General, and the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History you kind of have to go there if you are interested in the Civil War, and in the area.








No comments: