Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, September 14, 2015

J's Place in Nicholasville Kentucky

I want to tip my hat to J's Place in Nicholasville!

Do you remember FOUR AND A HALF YEARS AGO, when I mentioned the great old coffee shop in Nicholasville, Main and Maple?  I was pretty bummed when that place closed!  it was so nice!  AND, Nicholasville is such a great, cozy town for a coffee shop like this.

Well, the great guys at J's place have put a NEW coffee shop in the same location!

I was able to finally make it there on a recent Saturday, and I was very impressed.  The place looks similar, but there are some noticeable differences.  The old booths have been removed, and I recall a large condiment station that is out too.  It has a more open feel.

There is less art up too, but I could see that changing.  I thought I recognized at least once piece from the old location.

They have an old window from Main and Maple (with that shops logo on it) displayed too.  I thought that was pretty cool.  They had some affordable J's place items too.


They have old photos from the area up too.  Check out the black and white photo with the carriages and horses!  YEP!  That is the same spot decades earlier!

This is a great coffee shop, and I am so glad it is here!  The only thing preventing me from more trips is the hours.  They do close at an early 5pm on weeknights right now.  I hope they consider later hours in the future (me and a buddy were going to Main and Maple about once a week for coffee and wraps back when).  Still, I will have to make it down any Saturday that I can!



No comments: