Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Rockport Indiana

I grew up not too far from Rockport Indiana.  I remember going here some when I was younger.

I went back recently to see the cool sights associated with Abraham Lincoln.

I remember exploring the small cave like areas by the river when I was in high school.

Here are some random photos from my recent trip, including the area where Abe Lincoln took off for his first trip to New Orleans!





2 comments:

Stacey Jessee Glenn said...

Awww, my old stomping grounds! I grew up in Spencer County; I'm from Hatfield, but spent many a Friday nights driving up and down Main Street in Rockport. I'll actually be in Rockport on Saturday for the Christmas parade, and visit there often as my mom and sister and her family live there.

jimerado said...

Yeah, this is a cool, and over looked area. There is more going on here than people realize!