Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Greeneville Astros- Greeneville Tennessee

The Greeneville area has a minor league baseball team!

Unfortunately, their season had ended by the time I made it to Pioneer Park.  Fortunately for them, they won their championship this season!

Still, I was thrilled that Sales Account Executive Ben Stillner and other staff were still around to let me buy some of their merch, and to let me check out the park!  The Appalachian League Astros were done for the season, but the local Tusculum College team was practicing on the field!


PLUS, the team has a very nice museum in their offices.  We were able to check things out there too!

Like many of the other minor league parks I have visited in the off season, the Greeneville Astros could not have been any more generous.  They encouraged me to take my time in the team shop, at the park, and at their museum.

AND, I got the feeling while I was there, that this must be an incredible place to see a game during the season.  It is a nice, cozy park in a small town setting.  With the professional, yet hungry players they must bring in, the action is going to be exciting.

I will have to make it back for a game.



No comments: