Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Greeneville Tennessee

I know I have said it before, but I have really wanted to get to Greeneville Tennessee for some time!

We briefly thought about trying to stop here on a day trip, but after reading up on it, we knew we needed more time than that.

Andrew Johnson, Our 17th President, spent a lot of time here.  The National Park Service and nearby Tusculum College have done a super job of preserving and providing great sites associated with him.


Legendary Confederate General John Hunt Morgan spent his last night here.... and died here.

Greeneville was (kind of) the Capital of the State of Franklin.  I know what you are thinking...  there is no state named Franklin.  Well, there almost was.  Its pretty complicated and very interesting.  Look it up.

So, there were many things associated with this town that I wanted to take in!  Luckily, as we explored, we learned that there was even more strange history going on!


I have a lot to say about the place, but for now, here are some random photos from around town....







No comments: