Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

French Lick West Baden Museum, Indiana

I have to give a HUGE endorsement to the French Lick West Baden Museum.

This is physically a smaller museum that packs a huge punch!  AND, it is the perfect museum to complement a stay at one of the historic hotels in the area.

I won't go on and on about it, and I will try not to give away to much info on what all they have inside, but there were many items displayed that were Holly Grail type items.

In another post, I mentioned the Pluto statues that used to be at the French Lick Springs Hotel.  Well, they were donated here and they display!  Also, as to be expected, there is a great Pluto Water collection here.

This museum has a great sense of local history and I enjoyed looking through several displays of postcards and other items relating to the two legendary local hotels, and items relating to hotels that were once in the area decades ago.  A circus once was based out of the area, and there is a lot of exciting circus memorabilia here too.

I love train layouts, and one of the most impressive circus/train layouts I have ever been around is here.  Check out my photos, but they don't do the layout justice at all.  The best word that I can use to describe it is "complete".  The town, the circus tents, and the streets looked right and to scale.  The stands under the main circus tent were full- and though the small figures stood unmoving, the display felt alive.  The layout, or the museum alone would be worth the price of admission.







No comments: