Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fort Erie Post Office- Fort Erie Ontario

I don't think I have mentioned this before, but when we travel, I LOVE collecting postmarks!  Sometimes, I might send a postcard to myself from wherever we are, but I really love visiting the local post office and getting a nice hand cancel in person.  I usually take a photo of the post office too....

So, we stopped by the post office in Fort Erie Ontario while we were there.  I had a very nice talk with a postal worker whose daughter had visited Kentucky to see the caves.

I got a couple of postmarks from this great Canadian post office (most post offices will gladly give you a hand cancel on a stamped item).  The friendly postal lady also showed me some of the cool new Canadian stamps!  I don't collect stamps, but I HAD to have some of the new STAR TREK stamps!  How cool is that?  The Canadians love their dinosaurs, so I picked up some dinosaur stamps too!

No comments: