Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Random Thoughts On Friday

Unless you have been in a coma, you know that a pretty big presidential election just went down.  I have a firm rule of not talking current politics here (there are literally millions of other sites that cover that).

BUT, I did visit Trump Tower in New York City earlier this year.  Man, it might be hard to visit it right now, and it could become more difficult to visit in the very near future.

As you know, I love visiting historic sites associated with the POTUS, and I am excited that I got to visit Trump Tower before it took on an entirely new level of significance.

I think that's a whole lot of the fun of traveling to places, visiting historic spots, and being a little part of a historic timeline.

I know we visited Florida several years ago before the Space Shuttle Missions stopped.  We got a photo of us in front of the shuttle getting ready to launch.  You can't have that experience anymore, and I really love the fact that we had that moment.

I could go on- the historic places that are still around...  I am glad that I have gotten to see the ones I have seen.... and I want to get to as many as I can before they change.

I think of the Be Good Tanyas song line, "you pass through places, and places pass through you, but you carry them with you on the souls of your travelin' shoes."

No comments: