Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Seelbach Hotel- Louisville Kentucky

Another historic hotel we stopped by while in downtown Louisville was the Seelbach.  Like the Galt House, I will have to go back again on a day when I have more time.

Many famous people have stayed here, including Presidents, and gangster Al Capone.  F. Scott Fitzgerald hung out here, and the hotel served as inspiration for a hotel in his famous book, the Great Gatsby.


On a very unrelated side note.....  I do love reading the classics, but the Great Gatsby just didn't do it for me.  Maybe I need to reread it again?

We did hang out briefly at the Starbucks that is inside of the Seelbach.  Maybe I should take a copy of the Great Gatsby with me next time, and read it while there?

No comments: