Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Marietta Ohio

Hey, remember a couple of years ago when we stopped by Marietta Ohio and did their ghost trek?

Well, I have been itching to get back to this great little town for some time, and we finally got back there and were able to spend more quality time in the general area!

I mentioned on another post that my wife grew up nearby.  She actually grew up in a lot of areas, as her dad was a Methodist Minister and the family moved every few years.  I grew up in a Methodist church, and I remember how the preachers were shuffled around a lot.

BUT, she spent a lot of time in this area specifically, so she is also excited about any opportunities to return here.

I like Marietta too.  Lots of history and lots of small town charm.  There are several great little river communities peppered through this neck of the woods.  I absolutely get the appeal of Marietta.

Check out my pictures.  I took them around a several block area on Front Street.  I love those old buildings that are so perfectly preserved, but some great color has been added.  AND, right here in Marietta, you can see these beautiful buildings, THEN take a short walk, and you can see where the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers meet.  PLUS, you are straddling the state lines in small town/rural Ohio and West Virginia.  That pretty much makes Marietta a perfect little river town!








No comments: