Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Concert Memories: Toad the Wet Sprocket, Evansville IN- sometime in the early 90s.

I remember hearing commercials for Toad the Wet Sprocket coming to Evansville at a smaller venue.  This sounded kind of cool, because most of the bigger name acts at that time played Roberts Stadium, and most of the shows were arena type bands.  This was not the usual show for the area back then.

Also, The Wallflowers were the opening act.  Going to see Bob Dylan's son was a major reason to go to this show.

This was simply not a good show for me.  I remember not being impressed with the Wallflowers.  It seemed that half of their set was covers, which is OK, but it seemed to me like they sounded sloppy.  I think Toad played their two big hits at the time early in the set, and we were also not impressed with them live that night either.  Maybe it was the acoustics at the venue, maybe it was a bad night, maybe it was me...  but, I left the show feeling unimpressed.

No comments: