Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Point Blank Brewing Company- Corydon Indiana

We have a rule of thumb for lunch when visiting new places these days- Go with the breweries.

That rule served us well while in Corydon.  We stopped by Point Blank Brewing Company in Corydon and we had a great meal.

The inside is a bit bland....    And that's not a criticism, just an observation.  There isn't a lot of décor on the walls.  A classic painting of a man praying seemed a little out of place.  I think they are going for a "we have good food and no gimmicks" kind of feel.  It works.

There was a very local vibe here too.  The waitress seemed to know a lot of the other customers.

I ordered a Reuben sandwich that simply had a ton of meat on it.  It may have been the thickest Reuben I have ever had.


I was able to substitute a salad for the fries, and expected a small, wimpy side salad.  They brought out a nice, very fresh salad that could have been a meal on its own!

My wife had a half pound burger that she enjoyed.  We both had tea (fresh and brewed right) and our bill, not including tip, was around $20!

Our waitress was great too.  Our glasses were filled when they got low, and she politely provided me with a to go tea when I asked. 





No comments: