Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Roseanne's House in Evansville, IN

Man, I felt a bit emotional watching the return of the Roseanne Barr show "Roseanne" recently.  I have always loved John Goodman especially (he was in one of my all time favorite movies- "Always").  Anyway, when the show was brought back and they showed the updated intro with the same old sax music.....  well, it was just very sweet to see this great show return.

So, while I was meandering through Evansville, I thought I would check out a couple of buildings used for establishing shots on the show.

It's a well known story...  but someone who worked on the show was from Evansville, and they used some things from the Indiana town as establishing shots on the show.  For example, before you see the Conners inside of their home, they always show a shot of the outside of  the house...  to establish that the scenes you are about to see are happening in their home.  That establishing shot is of this house in Evansville!

The Lobo Lounge Bar seen on the show is actually a pizza shop not too far from the house in Evansville too!


Both places looked nice and familiar when I drove by, though the house was blocked a bit by some construction equipment.

I wonder if Roseanne Barr or John Goodman have ever stopped by here in their travels, just for the heck of it?

No comments: