Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Random Photos around Nashville Tennessee

Nashville is a town that I feel like I know well.  Even during my high school days, we would take trips to the area.  It was only a 2 hour drive from Owensboro, and it was just a nice, easy place to get to for some fun.

I remember spending a lot of time downtown, on and near Broadway.  It had been some time since I had visited Broadway though; in fact, I think it has been 6 or 7 years since I last went downtown.  We probably find ourselves in or around Nashville at least once a year, but we just hadn't bothered with this area for some time.

AND, there is good reason.  This area attracts a younger, more festive crowd.  It attracts a crowd that enjoys...  well, lots of bars.

I'm not criticizing, but drinking and going to lots of different bars is not my thing.  Still, on this trip we wanted to check out a cool new hotel near Broadway.  We spent most of several days in the area and we had a lot of fun.

Even though we aren't "bar people" we had a lot of fun in this area.  The vibe is friendly and festive, and it is happenin'!

Its funny, I did hang out here one night as part of a pretty tame bachelor party in my college days.  I told some friends and co-workers about our trip to Nashville, and I had several people bring up being part of a bachelor/bachelorette party here.  I think just about everyone has gone here before a wedding.

So, we ended up spending an extended weekend in Nashville.  We found some very nice places to eat, some good coffee shops, and we ended up actually having a very relaxing trip!













No comments: