Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Antique Archaeology in Nashville TN

I have to admit that "American Pickers" is one of the few reality shows that I watch.  its a fun show, and the cast seems like a likable crew.

I have read some rumors that the show might not be totally "real" and there might be some staging but who cares.  I could probably watch unedited videos of people going through old garages and attics all day.  As someone who has dabbled in buying and selling collectibles, I love watching Mike and Frank search and haggle.

Oh, and I read an article not long ago about their visit to the old Marx Museum in West Virginia.  I read that fans hung out outside of the museum to meet them, and that they stuck around and signed autographs and took photos for a couple of hours.  That's very cool!

So, stopping by to see their shop in Nashville was mandatory for us on this trip.

There literally was a line to get in when we were there (it moved fast though, we waited maybe 10 minutes to get in, if that).

The shop is not huge, but it is cool.  In some ways, it had a bit of a museum feel to it, as there were some large sized (and large priced) items that were simply very cool.  They were selling a LOT of branded merch, including t-shirts, stickers, patches, etc.

I personally picked up my usual items (patch, pin, sticker, postcard).  I wanted to get something actually old here....  So I found a really nice old b&w family photo for a reasonable $8.

I mentioned to a person working there that I grew up near Windy Hollow, the subject of one of the Picker's episodes.  The friendly sales person talked with me for some time about that particle show, and the items picked there.

There are some other shops in the same building and they were all worth a look. 





No comments: