Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, August 27, 2018

Concert Memories: REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac 08/15/1995 in Nashville TN

REO Speedwagon, headlining with Fleetwood Mac and Pat Benetar at Starwood in Nashville....  I remember enjoying this concert, but not really remembering a lot about it.

It was my buddy John's birthday.  I remember buying his ticket to this show for him as a gift.  By the way, check out the price on that one.  $12.50!  Even back then I think we were pretty pleased with the value of this show.  I am sure we were ticked off by ticket master though, who surely added a $3-$4 charge on to the price somehow.

I was excited about seeing Fleetwood Mac.  AND, this was one of their non-classic line up shows.  No Stevie and no Lindsey.  They did have the very youthful Bekka Bramlett singing.  They also had Billy Burnette and Dave Mason on guitars.

I kinda felt like getting to see Dave Mason with them was a bonus.  I've always liked him.

Still, my favorite member of Fleetwood Mac is Lindsey Buckingham, and it is just odd having FM without him.

I remember Pat Benetar and REO Speedwagon doing their hits.  I also remember a fight breaking out at the beginning of Fleetwood Mac's set near where we were standing in the lawn area.  It went on for a while, and I was getting concerned that security didn't get there immediately to break it up.  They got there, but it took a little while.

No comments: