Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Monell's at the Manor in Nashville, TN

Our Nashville friend took us out to dinner.  We had no idea where we were going.  He ended up taking us to Monell's at the Manor.

You will have to forgive me for not having more photos, but the place has a policy about no phone use in their dining room.  Actually, I think that is a great policy...  though I do wish I had some photos of their great food and dining area to show you.

Since this was our first time there, we did not know what to expect.  We went in, and we were quickly seated beside an older group of people.  AND, when I say that we were seated by them, I mean that literally.  I sat at a table with a total stranger in the seat next to me.

We weren't strangers very long though.  He and his party started to interact with our small group of three.  Some chicken and bread were passed to us, along with some sweet tea, and within seconds we were enjoying the Monell's experience.

We quickly started talking music and things to see in Nashville with our new friends.  They were all from Nashville, and they enjoyed talking local politics with our friend who has lived there for some time now.

Monell's is family style, and they kept the food coming.  I tried some catfish, ribs, biscuits and gravy, green beans and other foods I can't remember now. 

This is a great place to stop by to eat great food, and to take in the friendly Nashville vibe!  We will be back!


No comments: