Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Scarefest in Lexington KY

I attended Scarefest here in Lexington again this year.  In general, I really enjoy this horror/paranormal convention.

I have to say that I think the crowd was smaller this year.  There was still a good crowd and all, but I know I have seen more people show up in previous years.  I know that this year, Scarefest was the same weekend as the Mothman Festival.  I am sure that affect some attendance.

I went with a friend and we just kind of checked things out.  I did find some very cool original art vendors here...  In fact, I think that is mostly what I went for.

I met Pizzaface at the Comic Con last year and picked up some of her pins and stickers.  I bought a few more this year, as she has really done some nice stuff.  Most of her art is inspired by the old Halloween masks you would wear as a kid!  Check out her art here!

Right next to her was the duo Beast Wreck.  I also picked up several pins and stickers from them...  many of which had a vintage Halloween feel.  They also had some odd mash-up type pins and stickers. 

I FINALLY picked up my very own Sasquatch action figure from CreatuReplica.  Glad to see that these were still available.

Lastly, I bought a couple of books from author Richard Estep.  Richard has written several books on haunted places.  I am sure I will mention them when I finish each one.  Anyway, I have had some real hit or miss experiences with ghost and haunted books (some are terrible and involve no actual research) but after talking to Richard briefly, I felt confident picking up a couple of books.

Anyway, here are a few photos I took while I was there!



No comments: