Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Concert Memories: Natalie Merchant, Louisville, KY 02/28/1996

I saw Natalie Merchant at the Palace in Louisville over 20 years ago!  Man, that seems like a long time now!  Natalie had really just started her solo career at this point, and her Tigerlily album had been out for a while at this point.  Still, it was hot, and there are some great songs on that album.

The music was great....  I think Natalie was already doing less and less music from her 10,000 Maniacs days, but I remember some Maniacs songs.  She opened the show with her solo song, San Andreas Fault, coming out and dancing around a candle behind a curtain.  It was a cool and ghostly affect.

On a personal note, this was the first time that me and my future wife would "go out" off of campus.  It was our first date away from college.

No comments: