Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, January 7, 2019

The Galt House- Louisville KY

After a VERY brief visit to the Galt House last year, I really wanted to get back and check the place out again more thoroughly!

Luckily an old pal works there now and he offered to give us a nice thorough tour of the hotel!

If I understand things correctly, there are basically two buildings making up the hotel.  There is a very cool glassed in pedestrian bridge linking them.  That pedestrian bridge has lots of seating, a bar, a coffee shop, etc. in it.  There is also an enclosed area with birds in it!



This glassed in area has plenty of seating, and it offers some great downtown views.

The bar area is partially a fish tank.  Seriously.  See my photo....  but the place where you would put your drink is a glassed in fish tank with Cichlids swimming around.

Before our tour, we met our friend at CafĂ© Magnolia on the second floor for breakfast.  We had a very nice buffet of the standards and more here.  I had some great bacon, sausage and biscuits, fruit, etc.  I wish I had taken a photo.....  It was some quality grub!

Anyway, he took us all over the place.  I really was impressed with the views from some of the upper meeting room areas and restaurant.  In some of these areas, you can get some of the best views of Louisville.  I am putting several photos here because I was so impressed.  There is an upper area restaurant that doesn't rotate entirely, but there are two smaller sections that rotate slowly.  I have included a few photos of tables by these windows just to give you an idea of whats available.











No comments: