Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

West Side Story at the Lexington Opera House

 I was able to catch a performance of "West Side Story" in downtown Lexington at the Lexington Opera House!

This was my first time catching an event at this venue, though I am near it at least once a week.

I honestly wasn't expecting much.  I think I might have had community theater, or something like that in mind, but this was the real deal!  Flipping through the program I saw that some of the actors actually had BROADWAY credits!  The two leads were absolutely amazing and the live music was simply perfect.  The talent, and the quality of the production really impressed me.  I cannot image a production of this musical with more talent- it was polished and simply came off flawlessly.

The theater itself is amazingly preserved.  It IS an old theater, and it feels that way.  We had cheap upper deck seats, in the back row.  It was cramped, and the stage was hard to see (we could not see all of it).  Next time, I will pop for better seats, but we still truly enjoyed the performance even from our perspective!




No comments: