Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, September 30, 2019

"The Illustrated Directory of Uniforms, Weapons, and Equipment of the Civil War" Edited by David Miller

I was at a Half Price Books in Indianapolis recently, and I found this great treasure.  David Miller put out the book, "The Illustrated Directory of Uniforms, Weapons, and Equipment of the Civil War" back in 2001- so this one is coming up on 2 decades old!  AND, Miller is BRITISH!

Anyway, David Miller REALLY did an amazing job with this small book (Its over 450 pages long, but is made pocket sized- if you had a baggy pocket).  There are TONS of great, color photos of actual weapons and uniforms.  PLUS, there are a lot of VERY WELL DONE drawings.  As a figure painter, this is going to be a great resource.

This is the kind of book I will be keeping handy....  This is now one of my favorite reference books and I can easily say that it gets my highest possible recommendation!  I wish I had come across it sooner!

No comments: