Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Lexington Cemetery, Lexington Kentucky

I honestly thought I had posted about the Lexington Cemetery before!  I checked though, and I had not!

The place is sooo photogenic, and there are just some very famous Kentuckians buried here.  I know one of the Civil War Magazines I read mentioned that they feel this is the second most significant Civil War cemetery after Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond VA.

I know that a couple of controversial Confederate statues were moved here from downtown not too long ago (pictured towards the bottom).

I went recently to get some photos of the blooming cherry blossoms.  I have included a couple of those photos with various others I have taken over the last few years.














No comments: