Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

"Murder in Irvington" by Robert A. Fangmeier

I found a nice, unique, signed copy of "Murder in Irvington:  reconstructed Fictionally From Records of the Ku Klux Klan Era" by Robert Fangmeier the last time we were in Indianapolis.

This is a really interesting book covering 1925 when a Grand Dragon of the KKK gained a ton of power in Indiana politics.  With an "I can do anything I want" attitude, he sexually assaulted several, and raped and killed a local assistant of his.

Alan Hunter covers this crime in detail on his Irvington Ghost Walk in October, so I am pretty familiar with this crime.  Also, just about any book on crime in the Circle City brings this one up, but it was interesting reading this fictional, but based on facts account, from a news reporters perspective at the time.

Like I mentioned before, I have an interesting copy of the book.  It is signed by the author, AND a few pages in the book are blank.  The copy I bought had all of the missing pages photocopied, so I was able to read it completely.

No comments: