Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Smoky Mountain Relic Room in Sevierville TN purchases

I know I have talked about the Relic Room before....  and man do I love that place.  There are a ton of photos around of it....  I have put many up on this blog.....  but I thought I would show why I love it so much with some of my recent purchases there.

They have a LOT of great affordable small things (in addition to impressive Holy Grail pieces too on the higher priced side).  BUT, a kid can walk in and buy an actual Civil War bullet for a fiver.  Someone wanting a small piece of a meteorite or a dinosaur bone can get one affordably too.

I bought a great old candy token showing Calvin Coolidge, one of my favorite Presidents (remember to stay cool with Coolidge).

I bought a Kennedy in 68 political button.  Sure, its not rare, but for $4 you can get a great Kennedy item!

I found a wonderful old Woolworth's Civil War caisson toy for $15!  I paint toy soldiers, and this is the scale I like (about 1/32nd).  For $15, I will be painting this one up.


Oh, I had a coupon from a travel magazine for a "free relic" from the relic room.  Well, they let me choose among some crystals, a bag of shark teeth, and a 6-8,000 year old projectile point from the Sahara Desert.  Well, I picked the projectile point of course!  I'm guessing these are fairly common if they are giving them away, but how cool is that?  I was very appreciate of my very old treasure that I got as a freebie!





No comments: