Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

AND, ANOTHER trip to San Antonio Texas!

So, not too long ago my wife and I were thinking of doing a four day trip somewhere, and she suggested San Antonio.....  again.  I immediately said that sounded good to me.  No arguments.  San Antonio has become one of those places we love, and we are OK with going back as often as possible.  There are spots there I feel drawn to......  and spots that I still want to discover.

This would be our 3rd trip to this great Texas town in about a six year period.  

I made several videos of our time in town that I will be posting.

Of course we spent time at the Alamo again.  We went to the market.  We were all over the Riverwalk.

We did visit the AMAZING Briscoe Western Art Museum for the first time.  We were FINALLY able to stay at the legendary Menger Hotel.  AND we attended a service at the San Fernando Cathedral.  More on all of those things later.

San Antonio is filled with historic hotels, and we felt lucky to get a room at the Menger this time, but we still ended up hanging out a bit at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk, which is right across the street from the Alamo.

We stayed at this slick hotel on our first trip to town and it is kinda special to up.  Part of the Riverwalk actually flows through the hotel.


On our first trip to San Antonio, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and we hung out at their coffee shop each day, enjoying tea and coffee, and writing out our postcards.

It was nice going back to that little spot, which might be unremarkable to some, but has become special and sentimental to us.

We really enjoyed the service at the San Fernando Cathedral too.  Your visit to the Alamo is incomplete if you don't visit this church, as the remains of the Alamo defenders are here AND the church played a part in the battle.

I asked the priest to bless some water for me and he said a very sweet blessing.  I can't really explain it, but this church service and interaction with the priest was very special for me.

This was our first trip that we were not able to do a ghost tour with Sisters Grimm, but we still made a quick stop to their shop, which is inside of the Menger Hotel (accessible from the outside of the building).  I have raved about them before and I hope you make sure to do a tour with them on your San Antonio trip.  I really love what they do.

I will be posting some video's over the next few days of one of this great and historically rich city.






 

No comments: