Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, July 12, 2021

H & R Bakery in Salem Indiana

Salm Indiana has about one of the all time coolest coffee/donut places I have ever scene.  We stopped on a recent trip through southern Indiana and I am so glad we found this place.

When you walk in it has a spacious traditional donut shop feel...  there are display counters full of various donuts.

I ordered a pastry and coffee and both were great.  There was a very sweet lady who took my order too.  

The thing that really impressed me though was that the place has a toy train display!  There is a nice seating area where you are surrounded by shelves of trains, and a layout that goes along the wall!

I have always appreciated a train layout, and have even done some stuff in HO scale myself.  I believe the collection here is bit bigger than HO (S?)

It looks great though, and I enjoyed checking it all out.  

Downtown Salem is just a bit off of the main drag, so make sure you look for it on your next roadtrip!






 

2 comments:

Dan Cluley said...

Very cool.

It looks like 3 rail track, so it is probably O-gauge like the old Lionel trains.

jimerado said...

Hey Dan! Yeah, it just looked great! I am looking forward to going back there to enjoy their trains (plus donuts and coffee!) some more!